Saturday, April 30, 2011

Journey to Pregnancy: Potty time and such

It is almost 8 am on a Saturday and I have been awake almost an hour.  I did go to sleep around 10 last night though.  I wouldn't think being up this early would seem odd considering the early bed time, but once again, sleep was not a solid span of time.  I slept until 1 or 2 am and then had to get up to go potty.  Then I woke up again (which didn't feel like much time had passed) to potty again.  Then 7 am rolled around, Jon had to get up to let the dogs out, and I had to get up to go potty again!  I know that I didn't have much water before going to bed last night, but my bladder thought so.  


(Once again, this is not a bitch session.  I'm just dialoguing what I am going through to help ease my mind.)


I know that there is maybe one thing that I can rely on when it comes to maybe knowing I am pregnant for sure.  The rise of the pregnancy hormone HCG in the system increases every couple of days.  HCG is what makes the bladder feel like it has to squeeze out every ounce of fluid inside of it because it's causing more blood to rush to the pelvis area.  This is the one hormone that the doctors currently don't have control over in my body.  They have control over the estrogen and progesterone which are the culprits for exhaustion, sore breasts, mood swings and etc.  So I know any of those symptoms I am having could be because of the medications.  Which, by the way, never forget what side you did a progesterone shot on because if you do it on the same side 2 nights in a row, it hurts a lot more!!


I would say that the last 2-3 nights have not been the best when it comes to sleep.  I think the day of transfer was the only day I was able to nap and sleep through the night.  It is hard to believe that I am already 4 days past transfer.  I only have 5 more days to go before I take my pregnancy test.  


My dream last night was pretty bizarre.  I guess it would have to go with the fact I watched a little snipit about a midwife.  I really want to have a midwife and have the baby at home (as long as it is not high risk of course!)  However, in my dream, I watched someone help someone else deliver a baby and then I get an email that pops up asking if I was going to help deliver baby Kershaw tonight.  It was like I had turned into a midwife??  


[[I forgot to mention that prior to this, I was on roller skates running around with a friend, hiding from my boss and avoiding an old friend who isn't a friend anymore at Walmart!  Did you catch all of that???]]  


I remember in my dream that I said to Jon that I hope this baby didn't deliver too late since I had to go to work early the next morning.  I also had to check my schedule to make sure that there wasn't another delivery I was supposed to do.  


WEIRD HUH?



I do plan on documenting all the dreams, thoughts, fears, and experiences through this journey.  Who knows, maybe I can turn it into a book later on in life.  Right now, it's something that I can reflect on and not have it all swimming in my head invading my every thought.  

No comments:

Post a Comment