I am not sure why sticking to a meal plan is hard for me. I know that I am an emotional eater and with how some things have been going, ice cream has made me feel so much better! I know that I have put some kind of pressure on myself which makes any self-indulgence a failure. That's not how it should be at all.
I purchased the book, Fertility Foods, which was recommended to me from a friend who is going through my same situation. The book really does make sense, but it is different than what you would find online as the right things to eat to help you conceive. It recommends a more protein driven diet with good carbs so that it would help level out insulin levels. There are studies that have shown that higher or unstable insulin levels can affect a woman's ability to conceive as well as lose weight in general. I am going to give this a whirl and am very thankful that I have Spring Break to start it out. How my job has made me feel lately, it would have been a hard thing for me to do. Not sure why that place is affecting me negatively more so than it ever used to. It breaks my heart because I used to love to be there. It's just changed a lot in the last 6 years.
So starting today, I am keeping a food/exercise log to record how much protein, carbs, fiber and fats I consume along w/ my exercise. I am supposed to consume 66.2 g of protein and carbs a day, 20 g of fiber and only 33 g of fat. A bonus is that any dietary fiber can be subtracted from the carbs so there are free carbs! :) I believe that this will be very good for me because I have always responded well to protein based diets. And of course there are yummy desserts that will help w/ my sweet tooth if I need some! haha!
Recommended exercise is 30 minutes of cardio 5 times per week. It can be low impact like walking, bike riding, yoga and etc. Also, recommended resistance training for 2-3 times per week to boost metabolism. This also will be good for me!
I really just need to take control of what I can in my life and since food/exercise have a love/hate relationship with me, I believe this is a challenge I must face especially if I want to be able to become pregnant and have a healthy pregnancy. I just have to stay focused and not let the negativity impact my life.
No comments:
Post a Comment