Thursday, March 24, 2011

Lightening the load

I am very ready to not have to work with the Center of Reproductive Medicine.  Their bedside manner has always been something that has gotten under my skin.  They put on the persona that they will help you and you will be very important to them, but when you need them, they are usually too busy.

I called around 10:15 today to ask a nurse some questions.  3:30 rolls around and I had yet to hear back from them.  I called back and one nurse was busy and the other one had left early.   I really wanted to talk with them to see if they could help my cycle start for one and for another about how we are not going to do transfer this cycle.  The amount of stress that I have been dealing with lately would definitely be heightened if I had to worry about getting prepared for transfer as well.  I logically don't feel it would be the healthiest move for me.

Jon and I have finally made some decisions that I feel really good about.  The top 3 most stressful things in life were about to be my reality.  1.  Having a baby.  2.  Changing jobs   3.  House hunting

We decided that if we are for sure moving that we would pay the $500 to have our embryo shipped to long term storage.  We would then check out the fertility clinics up north and figure out our plan from there once we are all settled.

If we don't end up moving, we will do the transfer in July.  That gives us a couple more months to get our lives in order w/o worrying about it being the right time.  Instead of doing it all at once, we'll take it one item at a time.

1.  Land a job.
2.  Sell our house / Buy new house/ Move
3.  Try again when settled.

I need this to be not stressful and don't want to have a million other things on my plate.  I am not ashamed to lighten my load when I need to.  I used to think I was superwoman....but then I wised up.

No comments:

Post a Comment