I am not sure what has been up with me today. I've been pretty weepy when certain thoughts go through my mind........ hell a thought doesn't have to go through at all. I am like 5 days late but took a cheap pregnancy test this morning and it was a faint negative line. If I don't start in the next 3 days or so then I'll take another test. I just know that I am unusually weepy. It's just way outta character for me even during my emotional time of the month.
What has caused the most of my weepiness is when I thought about leaving my current teaching position. Yes, I do want to live in Kansas City more than anything, but I have the perfect fit - - my perfect teaching partner. We have a phenomenal working marriage. We have gone through so much learning and growing together and she has really been my rock. She has helped me become a better teacher. We have shared so much laughter and tears. The thought of not seeing her every day and not coming up with amazing ideas with her and not creating new experiences just makes my heart hurt.
I also love working at Cooper Elementary and I will miss the kids so much. I have made so many connections and have inspired so many students to be the best they can be. I really have made a difference and the fact that I will be 3 hours away from my students is hard. Every student will always have a place in my heart but there are some that I wish I could just adopt and take with me. They have taught me so much.
I know that we are destined to be in Kansas City. I know that probably the fear of having a bad experience with a teaching partner like I've had in the past doesn't help either. I also know that things will work out like they are supposed to and everything will be fine.
There's nothing like Cooper! Trust me, a chunk of your heart will forever be stolen by it. Great memories! ~Heidi
ReplyDelete