Here are my babies. The one on the left had already started hatching to be ready to attach to the uterus. The other one is just a little bit behind. We started out with 6 embryos - these were the best two for transfer. We have 4 others but the likelihood of them being where they need to be for freezing is highly unlikely. Apparently, it's a common thing.
We decided to transfer both because we were also told that the one on the right probably wouldn't be able to be frozen. Statistically, this was the best choice for us to do.
The doctor said: There's a 20-30% chance that we will have multiples but highly unlikely to have more than 3. We have a 50-60% chance of pregnancy. :)
This day didn't go like I thought it would. We were there by 10 am - but wasn't seen until 11:30. My bladder has never been so tortured. I ran to the bathroom to empty my bladder a little bit about 6 times. I was in tears and in a lot of pain. The whole transfer process was more intense than I thought it would be because they had to press a sonogram on the top of my bladder and have the speculum on the bottom. I was crying, shaking and had to once again use my yoga breathing techniques to pull through. I had to NOT focus on how full my bladder was and how beautiful my two babies will be. It was really cool to see it all - technology is amazing!
I just can't believe it's done - now the waiting begins. It takes about 24 hours-36 hours for the eggs to attach. I'm really so happy that I can't even put it into words.
No comments:
Post a Comment