Saturday, April 16, 2011
Journey to Pregnancy: [Round Two]
Round 2 for trying for our baby has started. This time, there aren't as many scary shots and tests and procedures. There's only a few parts to go through! We have one embryo left over from the IVF cycle we underwent last July. It was our one little survivor that fought to keep growing so it could be frozen. I have a little dried up baby waiting for me to bring back to life!
First, I had to go back in for a sonohystogram to make sure that there was no scar tissue or issues after the last IVF cycle. The dr. said that I have a beautiful uterus and he didn't quite understand why we haven't been successful. He said that we will work hard to change that. It was nice to feel some support from that place.
So far, I've started back up on the extra estrogen to make sure my body doesn't ovulate. I was checked last week and the nurse said that my uterus looked perfect. It was doing exactly what it was supposed to. I've been very proud of myself for being able to maintain a positive outlook and control over my emotions since I have extra womanly things being added to my already woman mentality.
Starting on Thursday, Jon gets to administer the lovely Progesterone shots. These were the ones that made me cower in the corner the first time screaming, crying, shaking, feeling fear I'd never felt before because the needles are HUGE! This time around will be alright. I am not stressed about them at all. It's just getting me that much more closer to having a great home for my little baby to stay for 9 months. I'll have bruises on each hip, but it will be well worth it.
I have been going to acupuncture weekly with Kali and that has been a blessing. She is a very positive spirit to have around me. She has worked with many women in my very situation. She has learned many tricks along the way that can give my baby a better chance. I have been able to keep my pulses strong which is vital to keeping a balanced perception of life. She will say the quirkiest things, but they make sense. It's all about talking to my body and womb...making sure that we are on the same page. I also have thanked my immune system and various other things for their strength at this time. She's had me lay there and picture talking to my pregnant self and my mommy self and having them give me some motivation during this time. She's also had me look back from where I have come to realize that I am in a far better place than I ever was before. She is definitely a blessing!
My baby will be woken up from its slumber on the evening of Monday, April 25th to prepare for its journey home on Tuesday, April 26th. There is a 30% chance that the embryo won't survive the thawing process...but there is a 70% chance that it will! I won't know until I am actually there whether it did or not. That could be a rather daunting thought but I just have to keep a positive outlook throughout this whole thing. I can't let doubt or fear invade any part of this. I don't know when my transfer is just yet. It depends on how many egg retrievals they have that day. After the transfer, I plan to go to acupuncture to fully relax and give my baby time to bury itself deep into my uterine wall. :)
I will find out on May 5th whether I am pregnant or not. It's not much longer now!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Love you and praying for you :) Sending love and light every time I think of ya'all. *Hug*
ReplyDeleteThanks sweetie!
ReplyDeleteI will take anything anyone is willing to send to help my cause. :) I am open and ready to receive...errrr...wait....just the positive stuff...
No negative ju ju for me....no time for it!
I really hope this works out for you. You will be amazing parents. :)
ReplyDelete~Jennie
Thanks Jennie! I know that our little one will spoiled for sure. I know that we are going to find a way for me to stay at home as long as possible after the birth. I've even thought about being a stay at home mom if we can figure out how to do it. We've wanted this for so long and why would I want to miss out on my little life growing up just to work if we could do w/o? We will cross that bridge once we get there since it's so important to focus on the present right now. Thanks for your support!!!
ReplyDelete