House Music came into my life in 2000. I didn't really know what it was at the time. I just knew that I liked the beat and it made me boogie. Somehow, I was able to become friends with some local house music lovers. I believe the majority of them were all DJs. I was probably looked upon as a DJ hoe...but I never did anything but hang out. People can just be so judgmental without even knowing or caring to ask. I remember other people thought I was a snob because I chose to hang with the people I did, but I wouldn't change it for anything.
House music has added to my life in the following ways:
*It lead me to my husband who at the time went by the DJ moniker of Jon-Jon Funk Phenomenon. He played the disco of all disco house and wanted to be more like Bad Boy Bill than Derrick Carter. Ok, maybe I'm exaggerating, but he he did play way different music than he does now. I wanted him to DJ my 18th birthday party not only because I loved what he played, but because I fancied him. He was this sexy ginger that literally lit up a room with his charisma and dashing smile and boy could he dance! (He still can.:)) I remember being one of the only people dancing since you couldn't smoke at the venue (it was my TKD school for goodness sakes), and I knew he was playing only for me! :) <3 After a couple more weeks, I said the right words and he wanted to give us a try. The rest is a love story that is still adding chapters.
*I love dancing to it and getting lost as the beats fill the air. It's like the world stops around me and all I care about is the music. It doesn't matter how sweaty or tired, I keep moving...whether it be dancing or bobbing my head if I needed to sit. In those moments, all the stress or woes or life in general tend to leave my mind so I can enjoy life.
*It has brought people I love and care about into my life. I have my Kansas City Loves (some still live there and others don't but it all started in KC): Karlos, Amanda, Brent, Thomas, Jennie, Ashley, Bucho, Rue, Talia and many more.
*I DJ and love every moment of it. I wish there was a place locally to play but I guess once we move to KC there will be. It's so fun to put songs together, move a crowd or myself and make some magic :)
*I have experienced some of the finest house music DJs!! Derrick Carter, Mark Farina, DJ Heather, Lawnchair Generals, Justin Long, Claude Von Stroke, Pat Nice, Hector Morales, Swirl People, Tim Shumaker, Wally Callero and more
I love love love it! :) That won't ever change. :)
Hey Girly, I'm just now reading this (sorry) it put a smile on my face and warmth in my heart. (wow, that sounds cheesy, but soo true) I feel the same way about this music! I'm glad we've met, and others alike can share this same feeling!
ReplyDeleteI have met a lot of wonderful people through having a mutual love and respect for this music.
ReplyDelete