Thursday, August 5, 2010

Switching Gears - Focus: A Healthy Me!

After having my time to mourn and come up with a plan, I have decided to set a huge goal for myself.  There is a reason why our IVF didn't work and I'm not completely sure what it is.  After doing some reflecting, I realized that I am not at a safe weight to have a child.  I want to avoid getting gestational diabetes and being put on bed rest sooner than necessary. 

So, here is my goal.  I want to lost at least 30 lbs in 12 weeks.  I have 11 weeks and 3 days left.  That is a very healthy goal because it's 2.5 lbs a week.  I have a feeling once I get started, I will probably lose more than that. 

I had a rough start to this week with finding out the IVF didnt work.  So I have indulged in some liquor, wine and ice cream.  That is changing today.  I've done well so far this morning.  I plan to use the Food Lovers Fat Loss program because that is something that I will be able to continue using.  It's not just some crash diet. 

Here are my goals for each week:
*2.5 lbs a week
*Consume at least 100 oz of water a day
*Do at least 20-30 minutes of cardio a day (I want to become a jogger) 
*Getting up and doing a walk/jog every morning before work
*Weight lift at least 3 times a week
*Focus on core muscles 3 times a week

I've slacked off for far too long.  I am currently 200 lbs.  My weight is fluctuating to higher than that because my body is getting rid of all the drugs from the IVF through my period.  I hope it doesn't last too long. 

I want to be less than 170 lbs by October 24th, 2010.  I know I can do this!!!  I will be updating with my progress every other day if not daily. 

Here we go!

No comments:

Post a Comment