Friday, June 25, 2010

Journey to Baby

     I am very excited that my journey to create my own little ginger is about to start!  Tuesday, I will start my shots.  I have always had a phobia of needles but this will definitely numb that for me, I think.  The real fun doesn't start until after July 8th after I go in for a sonogram so they can check how everything is.  I hope that my cyst that I've been dealing with has decided to shrink in size.  I'm not really wanting to go through the whole draining process.  However, if I must, then of course, I'll suck it up and deal with it! 

     Jon and I have gone through many ups and downs when it has come to this.  Now that we have everything taken care of with the help from his lovely parents.  The stress level has not been high at all.  I am just ready to get this started.  The anticipation of it all is just killer.  With a 60% success rate, I am feeling very confident that this is going to be our magic moment.  We have wanted this for quite some time and I can already tell that we have grown up a little bit more since we've decided to take on IVF. 

  You can't really mess around when it comes to IVF.  I didn't realize how intense it all really is until after we attended an IVF class.  I am thankful that I will not be obligated to work however, part of me kind of wishes I did to keep me occupied during the days.  I do spend a lot of time alone during the summer. Sometimes that is a good thing and other times it is not a good thing.  I have to find ways to keep myself busy so my mind doesn't play tricks on me. 

     From what I gathered though from all the info they threw at us - I'll be quite busy going to the dr. office for tests and sonograms once the stimulation drugs start.  I am definitely going to be turned into a human pin cushion but ya know if it gets me my bundle of joy with Jon then I will do anything that it takes!

     It is time to extend our family.  We have had 8 years together so we can gladly say that kids weren't the reason we stay together, that kids didn't interfere w/ our marriage and I will happily lose my social life - wait I don't have one as it is....to nurture and love my child.  Nothing in the world could ever make me NOT want a child.  I want as many children as I possibly can have in my life time.  I feel Jon and I have grown so much as a couple and right NOW we are truly ready to take this on.  Now that everything has been worked out and we are fully secure.  We will make the best parents ever!

No comments:

Post a Comment