Thursday, July 15, 2010

Almost time!

Just went to the dr. again today for another sonogram and estrogen check.  I'll know by 2 pm what the plan is for the next couple of days.

My follicles are growing like they should.  They range from 1.1-1.5 mm (I'm assuming that's either micrometers or millimeters - I don't know for sure).  I have many growing on each side but there is about 4 or 5 on each side that stand out more than the rest.  They want the follicles to measure 1.6 at least.  Right now, my ovaries look like swiss cheese with many "holes" (which are the follicles).  Some even looked like the Mickey Mouse logo which made me laugh.  I have found that finding humor in all of this has really helped me deal with the stress.

I'm feeling alright - a little more tired than I normally would be.  My ovaries are starting to feel a bit heavy and I always feel bloated.  My boobs are hurting quite a bit from the medications as well.  I guess these are symptoms I'm supposed to be feeling so I'm just taking it and not complaining much.

So far I have had 17 days of shots.  10 of those days were only one injection a day.  7 days so far - I've had 2 shots a day.  So I will have a total of 30 shots just for retrieval.  I came to realize this morning that I am getting close to being half way done w/ shots.  Once retrieval happens, I'll have the progesterone shot in my hip every day until I'm 8-10 weeks pregnant.  I'll have 15 progesterone shots before my first pregnancy test.  The beginning of August is when they will confirm that I am pregnant, then I will continue my progesterone until they release me so that could be for another 4-6 weeks.  (28 - 42 more shots!)

I'll do what I can to make my uterus a happy and inviting home and to make sure my baby decides to stay.  This whole process has just been scientifically amazing.   I know that I am getting stronger as each day passes and I'm ready to face it all w/o any fear.

1 comment:

  1. so when you are doing all of this... does this method increase your chances of having multiples like other types of fertility meds? All this that you are going through is incredibly intersting... thank you so much for being so open and sharing. i am sending good vibes and prayers your way!

    ReplyDelete